General Questions for MySQL Hosting
01. What service do you provide?
- What we provide is a fully managed MySQL-as-a-Service hosting service. Our MySQL hosting environment is built on our self-developed cloud application management platform.
02. What's your MySQL-as-a-Service hosting platform?
- It is our quick evolving MySQL hosting solution. It takes advantage of container and Kubernetes, which is the most popular and dominant container-orchestration system.
03. What does the fully managed hosting service mean?
- Fully managed MySQL hosting means that all MySQL online databases on our platform are completely managed by us, such as the application deployment, migration, backup, security and upgrade.
04. What functions does your control panel provide?
- Aside from general operations to manage your hosting, our control panel supports MySQL administrative functions, including database & user management, Firewall Rules, and Shell / SSH.
05. How do you provide technical support?
- We provide technical support 24/7 via email. Sales department is available 24/7 via live chat and email. Billing department can be approached Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m via email.
06. What is the philosophy behind your managed MySQL hosting service?
- Our philosophy is to provide managed MySQL hosting services with affordable prices to small and medium-sized businesses.
07. How many data centers do you have?
- Currently, we have four data centers located in Dallas, Bend, Charlotte, and Denver, allowing clients to deploy applications as close to their target audience as possible.
08. How can I reset the password of my account?
- There are two ways to reset the password of your account. For detailed steps, please refer to the guide article.
09. Do you provide any GUI tools for MySQL management?
- Yes, we provide phpMyAdmin, an open-source web-based database administration interface, for you to manage your MySQL online.
Technical Questions for MySQL Hosting
01. What MySQL version do you support?
- Currently, we support MySQL 5.7 and MySQL 8.0 on our cloud hosting platform.
02. Does your managed MySQL support SSL connection?
- Yes. The SSL connection is enabled by default for each newly created MySQL database on our cheap MySQL hosting platform.
03. Do you do backups for my online MySQL database?
- Yes. Our MySQL Kubernetes platform takes backups for each database regularly. The backup frequency varies by hosting plan.
04. Can I take backups of my database in your cheap MySQL hosting?
- Yes. You can back up the databases via our MySQL hosting control panel and download them.
05. Do you have access limits to my MySQL databases in the cheap MySQL hosting service?
- No. We do not set limits on your access to the databases.
06. How can I manage my MySQL databases and users?
- You can manage databases and users in our in-house developed control panel. For detailed steps, please refer to the documentation.
07. Do you support shared hosting in your cheap MySQL hosting?
- No. Our fully managed MySQL on Kubernetes is based on standalone MySQL instance.
08. What cloud providers and regions do you support in your cheap MySQL hosting?
- We currently support the private cloud from our four data centers in Dallas, Bend, Charlotte, and Denver. We are building more data centers and will support most of the popular public cloud providers in more regions in the near future.
09. What MySQL storage engine do you support?
- We currently support InnoDB for our cheap MySQL hosting.
10. How can I migrate my MySQL database onto your platform?
- We support the standard MySQL tool to restore your local backup onto our MySQL’s Kubernetes-based platform.
11. Can I monitor the performance of my online MySQL database?
- Yes. Our control panel supports real-time application performance monitoring. Please refer to this guide article on how you can do it.
12. Do you support MySQL Cluster?
- No. We support single-instance MySQL deployment.
13. What is the default maximum number of connections for online MySQL?
- The maximum connections are 1000.
14. Do you provide root user for online MySQL?
- No, we do not provide a root user by default. However, clients can create super users in our client panel.
Sales Questions for MySQL Hosting
01. Can I try MySQL hosting plans before payment?
- Yes. New clients can enjoy a free trial before payment.
02. What MySQL hosting plan should I start with?
- If you are not sure what plan you should start with, you can choose a primitive plan and upgrade to a higher level when necessary. Our MySQL hosting plan upgrade is very smooth here. There is almost no downtime during the process.
03. How long does it take to set up my MySQL online?
- The deployment of a MySQL on our platform can be a matter of minutes, even seconds.
04. Do you have a download file and IP that I can test the network speed?
- Yes. You can test our network speed at the Data Centers page.
05. Do you offer any network and server uptime guarantee?
- Yes. We offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee for our network and all servers.
06. What is difference between free trial services and paid services
- In the free-trial period, you will be able to enjoy our paid services for free.
07. How can I continue my service after the free trial?
- If you decide to continue using the service, you need to prepay for the hosting service before the trial is over. We will send you an invoice after you complete your billing information so that you can make the payment upfront.
08. How many free trial deployments can I have?
- One free deployment is allowed at the same time during the trial.
09. How can I get my free trial?
- To start a free trial, please sign up at https://www.sqlclusters.com and click the "Free Trial" button at the end of your interested plan.
10. How can I restore my cancelled service?
- We offer a step-by-step guide article for this topic.
11. Can I upgrade my plan or add resource in the period of free trial?
- Yes, you can. Please refer to the guide article on the "Documentation” page.
Billing Questions for MySQL Hosting
01. What payment methods do you support?
- Currently, we accept PayPal and credit card.
02. How can I get a lower price?
- You can get it by choosing a longer billing cycle. The longer the billing cycle is, the lower the price is.
03. How can I set an automatic payment via PayPal?
- Please refer to the guide article.
04. How can I change billing cycle?
- Please log in to your control panel and navigate to 'My Applications' to update your billing cycle.